At Observatory the Opticians, you will receive a thorough eye examination using the latest equipment.
To visit our download section containing comprehensive eye health information sheets click here.
During your examination you will:-
- Be asked about your general state of health and about any medication you are taking.
- Be tested to see if you need spectacles, and if so, what prescription is required.
- Have the health of the inner and outer eye checked to ensure they are healthy.
- Receive additional tests for various eye conditions, such as glaucoma, depending on your individual needs.
- Be asked questions about how you use your sight, i.e. for driving, work, hobbies, sports etc.
We use the latest technology to provide a thorough service.
An eye examination is an important health check on your eyes, whether you need spectacles or not. Everyone is advised to have an eye examination every two years, or more frequently if recommended by the ophthalmic optician.
Regular eye examinations are important because:
- eye diseases can be detected before affecting your sight
- early detection ensures prompt treatment
- any prescription for spectacles stays up-to-date
After the eye examination
Your ophthalmic optician will tell you about the standard of your vision, the health of your eyes and any individual visual requirements you may have. You will be told whether spectacles are required and what to use them for. You will be advised when your next eye examination is due, and will be given a copy of your prescription or a statement confirming you do not require spectacles.
If spectacles are required, you will see the dispensing optician who will advise on frame styles and lens types suitable for your lifestyle and visual needs.
We will send you a reminder when you are next due for an eye examination, but if you have any questions before then, please feel free to contact us.