Changes in NHS regulations since 2001 mean that we may require evidence of NHS eligibility.
Please bring along your NHS card or benefits booklet as evidence of entitlement. You are entitled to an NHS Sight Test at intervals specified by the NHS (usually, but not always, 2 years). An eye examination within that interval may incur a charge.
Who qualifies for NHS spectacle vouchers?
- Children under 16
- Full time students under 19
- Those receiving Income based benefits, i.e. Income Support, Working Families Tax Credit, Income Based Job Seekers Allowance and Pension Credit Guarantee Credit.
- Those holding Form HC2/3
- Complex lenses (partial help)
- Persons not in the above list but on low income may still get help. Please ask for Form HC1 in advance of your appointment
Who qualifies for an NHS sight test?
- All on above list
- Over 60’s
- People with diabetes or glaucoma
- People over 40 with immediate family history of glaucoma
- Those registered blind or partially sighted