The government removed all domestic legal restrictions regarding COVID-19 in England on 24th February. On 27th May, the UK-wide Infection Prevention and Control Guidance for health and care settings was also removed.
New guidance recommends that the decision to wear a mask depends on the amount of time spent with the patient; the proximity to the patient; the size of the area and the ventilation. This means that we will continue to wear masks in certain situations. If you would prefer we wore a mask during your appointment, please let us know and we will happily comply.
Other measures that we continue to take include, but is not limited to:
- Appointment-only gives you a relaxed & comfortable experience. We can plan, prepare and control who comes in and how many people are in the practice. This will ensure that your visit is relaxed, with time to ask questions and time to hear explanations. This will make visiting our practice a much more pleasant experience and will give you peace of mind. We want all of our patients and staff to be comfortable and feel safe. Be assured that we have not had any transmission of COVID-19 in any of our practices. We are flexible and if you have an emergency or would like to browse and we don’t look too busy, then please ask and we will do our best to accommodate you.
- We also request that our patients continue to observe social distancing measures.
- Sanitiser stations throughout the practice.
- Controlled frame selection to ensure disinfection between patients.
- Strict NHS guidelines are in place for cleaning and sanitising surfaces and equipment between patients. This has always been done.